Arts Midwest World Fest presents international musical ensembles in intensive week-long residencies in smaller Midwest communities. Our mission is to foster an understanding of and appreciation for global uniqueness and differences.
Our Unique Approach
Each cycle of Arts Midwest World Fest occurs over a two-year period in which four international musical ensembles conduct week-long residencies in selected communities throughout the Midwest. The residencies consist of school concerts, workshops, and outreach activities, and culminate in a public concert.
Arts Midwest World Fest seeks to
- present high-caliber, accessible international artists to small- or mid-sized Midwest communities;
- provide a multifaceted experience to community residents, particularly young people;
- integrate the artists and their music into a broader social, cultural, political, and historical framework;
- encourage young people to explore issues and understand concerns of diverse cultures; and
- create a lasting musical and cultural impact on participants.
Partners and Support
A program of Arts Midwest, the 2019–2021 Arts Midwest World Fest cycle is generously supported by the National Endowment for the Arts, 3Mgives, the Kaufman Family Fund for Israeli Cultural Exchange, and the Japan Foundation through the Performing Arts JAPAN program. Additional support is provided by the Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China for Choor, and by the Consulate General of Israel to the Midwest, the Israel Lottery Council for Culture & Arts, and Music Port for Hadar Maoz. This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.
Arts Midwest is also generously supported by Illinois Arts Council Agency, Indiana Arts Commission, Iowa Arts Council, Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs, Minnesota State Arts Board, North Dakota Council on the Arts, Ohio Arts Council, South Dakota Arts Council, and Wisconsin Arts Board.