Connecting Midwestern communities to international musicians to foster an understanding of and appreciation for global uniqueness and differences.
How do we do this?
Each cycle of World Fest occurs over a three-year period in which culturally specific musical ensembles conduct week-long residencies in selected communities throughout the Midwest. The residencies consist of school concerts, workshops, and outreach activities, and culminate in a public concert.
- Present high-caliber, accessible international artists to small- or mid-sized Midwest communities;
- Provide a multifaceted experience to community residents, particularly young people;
- Integrate the artists and their music into a broader social, cultural, political, and historical framework;
- Encourage young people to explore issues and understand concerns of diverse cultures; and
- Create a lasting musical and cultural impact on participants.
Funders + Supporters
A program of Arts Midwest, the 2022 World Fest artist tours are generously supported by the National Endowment for the Arts and Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies.
Arts Midwest is also generously supported by the Illinois Arts Council Agency, Indiana Arts Commission, Iowa Arts Council, Michigan Arts and Culture Council, Minnesota State Arts Board, North Dakota Council on the Arts, Ohio Arts Council, South Dakota Arts Council, Wisconsin Arts Board, 3M, Crane Group, and individual donors and partners.
As of July 1, 2022, Arts Midwest is testing out a 4-day work week to give time back to our staff to pursue creative passions and recharge. Please note that our office is now closed on Fridays. If you contact us on a Friday, we will get back to you after the weekend.