Connecting small and mid-sized Midwestern communities to world cultures through week-long residencies with global performers.
- present high-caliber, accessible global artists to small- and mid-sized Midwest communities
- provide a multifaceted experience to community residents, particularly young people
- integrate the artists and their music into a broader social, cultural, political, and historical framework
- encourage young people to explore issues and understand concerns of diverse cultures
- create a lasting musical and cultural impact on participants
Partnerships and support
A program of Arts Midwest, the 2017–2019 Arts Midwest World Fest cycle is generously supported by the National Endowment for the Arts, 3M Foundation, The Hearst Foundations, and the Japan Foundation through the Performing Arts JAPAN program. Additional support is provided by the Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China for Manhu, the Chinese Heritage Foundation Grants Fund of The Minneapolis Foundation, the Consulate General of Israel to the Midwest for Sofi & the Baladis. This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.
Arts Midwest is also generously supported by Illinois Arts Council Agency, Indiana Arts Commission, Iowa Arts Council, Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs, Minnesota State Arts Board, North Dakota Council on the Arts, Ohio Arts Council, South Dakota Arts Council, and Wisconsin Arts Board.