Information for Applicants
The application deadline has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications for the 2020-2021 season.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2020
Who: Organizations located in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, or Wisconsin and the Native nations that share this geography.
What: Applicants must:
- Present a professional performing artist/ensemble that is touring from outside their state.
- Program a public performance.
- Include a community activity (masterclass, talkback, discussion, etc.).
- Reach an audience with limited access to the arts.
When: Between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021
How much: Grant awards are between $500 and $4,000. Awards are dependent upon available funds and demand within each state. Generally, they will be up to 20% of the artist’s contract fee (but do not exceed $4,000).
How to apply
- Read the guidelines.
- Secure or renew your organization’s SAM.gov registration prior to the application deadline. “Pending” SAM.gov registrations will be accepted at the time of application.
- Prepare your application.
- Complete and submit the application form by Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Only one application will be accepted per organization.
For additional information, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Ellen DeYoung, grants specialist, 612.238.8028
John Kaiser, grants specialist, 612.238.8024