Arts Midwest invites organizations that contract artists/ensembles to perform in their own or in a community venue to apply to the Arts Midwest Touring Fund. Only one application per organization is accepted.
What you should know
- Engagements must occur between July 1, 2019, and June 30, 2020.
- To be eligible, an application must meet the requirements outlined in the guidelines.
- A letter of intent or draft contract between the organization and the artist/ensemble is acceptable at the time of the application.
- No project budget is needed at the time of the application.
Application deadline: April 24, 2019
- Read the guidelines.
- Secure or renew your organization’s SAM.gov registration at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- Prepare your application.
- Complete and submit the application form by Wednesday, April 24, 2019. Only one application will be accepted per organization.
- Awards are dependent upon available funds and demand within a state and will generally be up to 20% of the artist’s contract fee.
- Applications that quality as a community residency may be eligible for up to 25% of the artist’s contract fee.
- The maximum award is generally $4,000 with a minimum award of $500.
Support from the Arts Midwest Touring Fund must be used to offset the artist’s contracted fee and may not be used for other purposes or costs. These funds derive from Federal funds (CFDA #45.025 Promotion of the Arts_Partnership Agreements) from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Allocations will be determined on a state-by-state basis and dependent upon demand and availability of funds for each state.
- All applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by program staff for eligibility and completeness.
- You will receive an email confirmation within two weeks after April 24 indicating the details of the engagement or any questions we have before it proceeds to be reviewed for potential support. It is important to contact us if you don’t’ receive this confirmation.
- Geographic diversity may be considered.
Notification, Grant Agreement, and Reporting
All applicants will receive an email notification of award decisions in June 2019 following approval from Arts Midwest’s Board of Directors.
If selected, the applicant will enter into a Grant Agreement with Arts Midwest. The Grant Agreement will outline the terms and conditions, including Federal regulations, and engagement and crediting requirements. Poor grants management, including insufficient or improper crediting, may affect the review of an organization’s future applications to the Arts Midwest Touring Fund. Grantees will be required to submit a final report within 30 days of their final activity.
Guidance for contents of application
Christy Dickinson, senior program director, 612.238.8019
Ellen DeYoung, program associate, 612.238.8028