NOTE: Due to COVID-19 the programming dates for the 2019-2020 Arts Midwest Touring Fund engagements have been extended until December 31, 2020. Grantees are encouraged to contact Arts Midwest about changes to their planned activities.
Arts Midwest Touring Fund engages people in meaningful experiences with the fine arts of dance, music, theater or musical theater, and other performing arts forms. When we share creative experiences, we build powerful connections with the people we’re closest to, with our community and the world around us, and with ourselves.
- Read about recent engagements in The Spotlight.
- View the public performances for the 2019-2020 grantees in the Funded Events listing.
- Sign up to receive information about the Touring Fund.
Arts Midwest’s values are guiding principles of our programming for the Midwest region. We approach our partners, communities, and each other with trust and accountability. We count on applicants to uphold these values in their own communities.
Information for Applicants
Application Deadline: April 29, 2020
Who: Organizations located in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, or Wisconsin and the Native nations that share this geography.
What: Applicants must:
- Present a professional performing artist/ensemble that is touring from outside their state.
- Program a public performance.
- Include a community activity (masterclass, talkback, discussion, etc.).
- Reach an audience with limited access to the arts.
When: Between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021
How much: Grant awards are between $500 and $4,000. Awards are dependent upon available funds and demand within each state. Generally, they will be up to 20% of the artist’s contract fee (but do not exceed $4,000).
How to apply
- Read the guidelines.
- Secure or renew your organization’s SAM.gov registration prior to the application deadline. “Pending” SAM.gov registrations will be accepted at the time of application.
- Prepare your application.
- Complete and submit the application form by Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Only one application will be accepted per organization.
For additional information, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Ellen DeYoung, grants specialist, 612.238.8028
John Kaiser, grants specialist, 612.238.8024
Arts Midwest provides, upon request and with a reasonable timeframe, alternative formats, auxiliary aids, and services necessary for all individuals to participate in all programs and services provided by our organization. For more information, contact Joshua Feist, Director of Grantmaking.
This program is generously supported by the National Endowment for the Arts with additional contributions from Arts Midwest’s nine-member state arts agencies and the Crane Group.