Deadline: October 31, 2019
The deadline has passed and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Read and understand the guidelines.
- Prepare your application by gathering the following information.
- Complete and submit the application form by Thursday, October 31, 2019. Only one application will be accepted per organization.
- There is not an option to save and return to the application form.
- All of the application contents are below, including all formatted documents that will need to be completed and uploaded. Prepare, share with team members, and revise.
- Copy and paste narrative responses from a Word document or text-based program (character count includes spaces).
- Close all documents before uploading into the form.
- Applicant’s legal name, street and physical address, contact person for details of engagement and official grant communications, and DUNS number.
- Federal tax-exempt status documentation either IRS 501c(3) determination letter or if a unit of state or local government, documentation of your organization’s Federal (not state) tax-exempt status or Federally-recognized tribal community or tribe. This document will be uploaded.
- Provide the artist/ensembles’ (not their manager/agent’s) name, state of residence, and artist’s website.
- Brief narrative describing the artist/ensemble (1,600 character limit).
- Letter of intent, unsigned contract, or fully-executed contract between the applicant and the artist or their agent/manager that includes the names of both parties, date(s) of engagement, artist/ensemble’s contracted fee, and if confirmed, details of the public performance(s) and community activity(ies). This document will be uploaded.
3. Details of engagement
Use the formatted spreadsheet below to provide the date or month and year, location information, description, and primary age for each performance and community activity that are known at the time of the application. It must include at least one performance for a general audience and one community activity.
Audience with limited access
Brief narrative describing how you will ensure the participation of people with limited access to the performing arts, in the performance and/or community activity, due to one of more of the following factors. (1,600 character limit)
- Access to arts programs or services
- Resources due to isolated geographic location
- Cultural differences
Proposed Project Budget
Use the formatted spreadsheet below to provide only the direct expenses and revenues directly related to this project that are part of this proposal.
a. In revenue in the grant request, insert the amount of your organization’s request. The maximum amount you may request is $3,000 and the minimum $1,000.
b. The request must be used for 25% or more of the artist’s contracted fee.
c. This grant award does not require a 1 to 1 match with other funds.
c. The total project expenses and revenues must be equal to or greater than the grant request.
Guidance for contents of application
Christy Dickinson, senior program director, 612.238.8019, [email protected]
Ellen DeYoung, program associate, 612.238.8028, [email protected]