Information for Applicants
Application Deadline: October 5, 2021; 11:59pm Central time
Who: Non-profit organizations located in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, or Wisconsin and the Native nations that share this geography.
What: Applicants must:
- Contract with a professional performing or visual artist/ensemble of high artistic excellence and merit.
- Offer at least two activities featuring the artist/ensemble in an accessible facility/space.
- At least one activity must reach an audience with limited access to the arts.
When: Between January 1, 2022, and June 30, 2022
How much: Grant awards are $2,500. Determination of awards for each grant period is dependent upon available funds and demand within each state.
Applications for activities occurring between July 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 will be due in Spring 2022.
Webinar: Arts Midwest is hosting a one-hour informational webinar on the GIG Fund on August 10, 2021 to cover the application process, guidelines, and tips with a Q&A session at the end.
How to apply
- Read the guidelines.
- Prepare your application.
- Complete and submit the application form by Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 11:59pm Central time. Only one application will be accepted per organization.
For additional information, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Ellen DeYoung, grants specialist, 612.238.8028
Joshua Feist, director of grantmaking, 612.238.8054
Arts Midwest provides, upon request and with a reasonable timeframe, alternative formats, auxiliary aids, and services necessary for all individuals to apply for grants. For more information, contact Joshua Feist, Director of Grantmaking.