Information for Applicants
The application deadline has passed, and this opportunity is currently closed. Guidelines for activities occurring between January 1, 2023 and June 30, 2023 will be available in the coming months.
Application Deadline: April 12, 2022; 11:59pm Central time
Who: Non-profit organizations located in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, or Wisconsin and the Native nations that share this geography.
What: Applicants must:
- Contract with a professional performing or visual artist/ensemble of high artistic excellence and merit.
- Offer at least two activities featuring the the professional artist(s) in an accessible facility/space.
- At least one activity must reach an audience with limited access to the arts.
When: Between July 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022
How much: Grant awards are $2,500. Determination of awards for each grant period is dependent upon available funds and demand within each state.
How to apply
- Read the guidelines.
- Prepare your application.
- Complete and submit the application form by Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 11:59pm Central time. Only one application will be accepted per organization.
For additional information, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Watch this 17-minute long presentation as we run through the program goals, application process, and answer your questions ahead of the April 12, 2022 deadline.
See previously funded projects
Learn more about the Western Arts Alliance Advancing Indigenous Performance Fund
Joshua Feist, director of community support, 612.238.8054
Arts Midwest provides, upon request and with a reasonable timeframe, alternative formats, auxiliary aids, and services necessary for all individuals to apply for grants. For more information, contact Joshua Feist, Director of Community Support.