- Read and understand the guidelines.
- Prepare your application by gathering the following information.
- Complete and submit the application form by Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 11:59pm Central. Only one application will be accepted per organization.
Applicant’s legal name, mailing and physical address, contact person for details of engagement and official grant communications, organization website, organization phone, DUNS (Dun and Bradstreet) number, and an EIN or TIN number.
Please provide responses to the following questions.
Organization details (form fields)
Provide a brief summary of your organization’s mission and community engagement history with arts related programming in written (two paragraphs or less) or audio format (5 minutes or less).
Select ‘yes’ or ‘no’: My organization is led by individuals from a group that has been historically underrepresented or marginalized. If yes, please describe.
- Historically underrepresented or marginalized may include: BIPOC (Black, indigenous, and people of color); immigrants and/or refugees, people with disabilities, or LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) people.
Provide a brief summary of your project in written (four paragraphs or less) or audio format (10 minutes or less).
- What artist(s) do you plan to present/partner with? Describe their work. If artist(s) unknown or still being determined, provide a few options.
- Describe the two (or more) proposed project activities involving the artist/ensemble and where they will take place, keeping in mind the project requirements from the guidelines. (e.g. performance(s), workshops, talkbacks, exhibition).
- Describe how you will engage people with limited access to the arts in one or more of the following categories for at least one activity: historically underrepresented or marginalized people, youths, older adults, veterans or service members, individuals with disabilities, individuals in the justice system, or economically disadvantaged.
Select ‘yes’ or ‘no’: My organization plans to engage an artist(s) from a group that has been historically underrepresented or marginalized. If yes, please describe.
Project start and end dates.
Budget (use template provided)
Please describe the anticipated project expenses (must be equal to or above $5,000) and revenue (also must be $5,000 or higher).
Ellen DeYoung, grants specialist, 612.238.8028
Joshua Feist, director of grantmaking, 612.238.8054
Arts Midwest provides, upon request and with a reasonable timeframe, alternative formats, auxiliary aids, and services necessary for all individuals to participate in all programs and services provided by our organization. For more information, contact Joshua Feist, Director of Grantmaking.