Scholarships may not be combined with Conference discounts or other scholarships.
The Future Leaders’ Fund
The Future Leaders’ Fund provides the next generation of arts administration leaders with opportunities to participate in educational programming, build a strong network of mentors, and access real-life learning experiences within the industry.
Each year the Fund’s scholarship recipient attends the four-day Arts Midwest Conference, where they meet with leaders in the field and participate in educational sessions about the performing arts touring industry.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be pursuing a career in arts administration
- Have a maximum five years’ experience in the field (education, work, or combination)
- Be enrolled in an arts administration program (undergraduate or graduate) at a university/college OR be employed by an arts organization in North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, or Minnesota
Deadline: June 14, 2019 at 5 p.m. Central Time
Arts Midwest presenter scholarships
Scholarships including full registration and up to two nights at the Hilton Minneapolis are available to presenters (organizations that book artists to perform in their venues) located in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
For consideration, applicants must:
- Represent a presenting organization (i.e., books artists to perform in its venue/venues) located in Arts Midwest’s nine-state region of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Provide official documentation of the organization’s federal tax-exempt status (not state): 501©(3) determination letter or, if your organization is a unit of state, local, or tribal government, official documentation from that unit of government.
- Represent an organization that has not had a representative receive any Arts Midwest Conference scholarship within the last four years (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015).
Scholarship recipients are responsible for any optional add-on registration fees beyond the standard full registration.
Deadline: Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible applicants until all available scholarships have been awarded. Scholarships will not be available after July 11, 2019.
State arts agencies + other regional organizations
Many state and regional arts agencies offer scholarships or grants for travel or professional development. Contact your agency directly to see if funds are available.