Our programs reach more than half a million people annually throughout the Midwest and around the world. Here is an archive of some of our past programs that are no longer active. Please visit our program page for a list of current programs and events.
Past Programs & Activities
- Dessa in China took Minneapolis-based singer, creative entrepreneur, and thought leader Dessa to Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, and Hong Kong for workshops and performances as part of the Arts Midwest Global Exchange in China.
- Russel Wright: Living with Good Design was the first comprehensive exhibition of the industrial designer’s work to be shown outside of his home state.
- Stories of the Somali Diaspora was an exhibition by photographer Abdi Roble, documenting the life of Somali immigrants in the United States.
- ARRA Grants for arts job preservation in the Midwest were distributed to states in our region in 2009 as a direct result of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Shout Freedom! Photo League Selections from the Columbus Museum of Art was a touring visual arts exhibition that showcased images from this influential photography movement of the 1930s.
- The Sum of Many Parts: 25 Quiltmakers from 21st-Century America toured American quilts to venues across China.
- NEA Jazz Masters Live and NEA Jazz Masters on Tour which supported national touring of the NEA Jazz Master award recipients.
- Identity and the American Landscape was a cultural exchange program featuring an exhibition by Minnesota photographer Wing Young Huie.
- Modern Spirit: The Art of George Morrison was a touring visual art exhibition honoring the legacy of an acclaimed Native American artist.
- The Native American / China Exchange brought distinguished Native artists to China for workshops and performances.
- Caravanserai: A place where cultures meet brought Muslim artists to the U.S. for residencies in communities across the country.