Learn more about the funds available to organizations through the American Rescue Plan. Page last updated 9/1/21.
- American Rescue Plan grants will be distributed by the Illinois Arts Council Agency. Sign up for their newsletter to stay updated on new opportunities.
- The Indiana Arts Commission had funding available through its Arts Recovery Program. All organizations awarded through this opportunity were eligible to receive funding up to $2,500. Applications closed on July 28, 2021. Learn more here.
- Separately, the Commission is working with Arts Midwest to support community-based projects. Sign up for their newsletter to stay updated.
Iowa (Accepting applications until October 1, 2021)
- The Iowa Arts Council is offering American Rescue Plan Arts Grants for individual artists and organizations. Learn more and sign up for their newsletter for more details.
- American Rescue Plan grants will be distributed by the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs. Sign up for their newsletter to stay updated on new opportunities.
Minnesota (Accepting applications until October 29, 2021)
- The Minnesota State Arts Board is accepting applications from small and midsized Minnesota nonprofit arts organizations and arts affiliates to support costs related to their employees or contractors, facilities, health and safety, and marketing or promotion. These will be flexible operating grants that can be used to help organizations sustain their people and programming, rebuild, and reopen as the COVID-19 pandemic wanes.
- The Arts Board plans to award approximately 65 grants of $15,000 each to organizations in Minnesota. Grants will be distributed proportionally, to organizations in each of Minnesota’s eleven arts regions, based on population.
- Applications must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 29, 2021.
- Please visit the American Rescue Plan Grants web page to find a copy of the Overview and Instructions and more details about the program.
North Dakota (Accepting applications until October 15, 2021)
- The North Dakota Council on the Arts is making awards to individual artists and arts organizations in North Dakota. Learn more here.
- There are two deadlines for applications: Round 1 due August 16, 2021 and Round 2 due October 15, 2021.
- Individuals may apply for up to $8,000 in support; organizations may apply for up to $20,000.
- Sign up for the North Dakota Council on the Arts’ newsletter to stay updated on new opportunities.
- American Rescue Plan grants will be distributed by the Ohio Arts Council. Sign up for their newsletter to stay updated on new opportunities.
South Dakota (Accepting applications until October 8, 2021)
- Nonprofit arts and cultural organizations incorporated and located in the state of South Dakota may be eligible to receive emergency relief funding. Certain government or municipal agencies are also eligible to apply.
- Complete information regarding eligibility, allowable use of funds, grant funding categories, grant performance period, as well as instructions to apply are posted at https://artscouncil.sd.gov/grants/ARP_Grants.aspx.
- Sign up for the South Dakota Arts Council newsletter to stay updated on new opportunities.
- American Rescue Plan grants will be distributed by the Wisconsin Arts Board. Sign up for the Wisconsin Arts News to stay updated on new opportunities.
Other States & Territories
Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas
- Visit the Mid America Arts Alliance website for more information on grant funding in your state.
Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Visit the Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation website for more information on grant funding in your state.
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont
- Visit the New England Foundation for the Arts website for more information on grant funding in your state.
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- Visit the South Arts website for more information on grant funding in your state.
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawai’i, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
- Visit the Western States Arts Federation website for more information on grant funding in your state.
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 is designed to fuel the nation’s recovery from the devastating economic and health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Arts Endowment will competitively award a portion of these American Rescue Plan funds to eligible organizations nationwide. These funds are intended to help support jobs in the arts sector, keep the doors open to arts organizations nationwide, and assist the field in its response to and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rescue Plan funding is available through two separate competitive opportunities: