Arts Midwest presents and sponsors performances and exhibitions seen by more than half a million people annually throughout the Midwest and around the world.
Current Programs & Activities
- ArtsLab, through a proven peer-learning environment, engages arts leaders at around deep learning, building the resilience and relevance of cultural organizations and strengthening the place of arts and culture within Midwestern communities.
- The Arts Midwest Conference, bringing together performing artists, artist managers/agents, performing arts presenters, and service organizations engaged in connecting the performing arts to audiences across the Central United States.
- Arts Midwest Folkefest tours traditional music ensembles from Finland and Sweden for week-long residencies in communities throughout our region.
- Arts Midwest Touring Fund, supporting the inter-state touring of professional performing artists to communities throughout Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin nd the Native nations that share this geography.
- Arts Midwest World Fest, presenting international musical ensembles in intensive week-long residencies in smaller Midwest communities.
- Creating Connection is a national movement focused on making arts, culture, and creative expression a more recognized, valued, and expected part of everyday life.
- NEA Big Read encourages communities to come together over the love of a good book.
- Shakespeare in American Communities supports high-quality, professional productions of Shakespeare’s plays and related educational activities for middle- and high-school students in underserved schools throughout the United States.
- We the Many a project of Arts Midwest that seeks to expand the understanding of what it means to be a Midwesterner through the creative exchange of voices, cultures, and ideas.