Arts Midwest presents and sponsors performances and exhibitions seen by more than half a million people annually throughout the Midwest and around the world.
Current Programs & Activities
- ArtsLab, through a proven peer-learning environment, engages arts leaders at around deep learning, building the resilience and relevance of cultural organizations and strengthening the place of arts and culture within Midwestern communities.
- The Arts Midwest Conference, bringing together performing artists, artist managers/agents, performing arts presenters, and service organizations engaged in connecting the performing arts to audiences across the Central United States.
- Arts Midwest Touring Fund, supporting the inter-state touring of professional performing artists to communities throughout Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Arts Midwest World Fest, presenting international musical ensembles in intensive week-long residencies in smaller Midwest communities.
- Creating Connection is a national communications and engagement effort focused on making arts, culture, and creative expression a more recognized, valued, and expected part of everyday life.
- Caravanserai: A place where cultures meet, creating new pathways for Americans to experience the diverse artistic expressions and cultures of Muslim societies through performing and media-arts residencies.
- Funded by the U.S. Embassy-Beijing, the Native American / China Exchange features distinguished Native American artists conducting workshops and performances across China.
- NEA national initiatives, collaborative programs with the National Endowment for the Arts that bring high-quality arts activities to communities nationwide.