Join Arts Midwest on May 20 for the second of three virtual Explorations in the Gather Round Series, dedicated to advancing sustainable resilience and recovery for historically under-resourced communities, organizations and leaders.
Gather Round Series May Exploration
Nurturing the Rural Ecosystem
Thursday, May 20, 2021 from Noon – 1:30pm Central Time
In the May Exploration, Benya Kraus, Lead for America Co-Founder and Minnesota Executive Director, will lead a conversation on building sustainability within our collective work.
Best practices and challenges will be shared across the areas of community care, revenue, public investment, and self-care (how to ensure your organization is sustainable for future generations).
Benya will be joined by these dynamic Midwestern leaders and United States Regional Arts Resilience Fund grantees:
- Stacy Braun, executive director, Aberdeen Area Arts Council, Aberdeen, SD
- John Breuninger, board president, Woodland Indian Art, Oneida: WI
- Kayla Boye, executive director, The Youngstown Playhouse, Youngstown, OH
- Aileen Rohwer, director, Riverfolk Music and Arts, Manchester MI
- Jessie Veeder Scofield, director, Long X Arts Foundation, Watford City, ND
Recommended audience: Executive directors, board members, or other staff connected to community from arts and cultural organizations in rural communities and organizations led by and/or serving Indigenous people and people of color.
Save the date for future Explorations…
- June 10 Stuart’s Opera House and their community partners in the Appalachian hills of southeast Ohio will lead a conversation on their experience and ongoing work of building a community-wide anti-racist action plan.
This series is part of the United States Regional Arts Resilience Fund, a national recovery and resilience initiative made possible by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and an anonymous donor. For the last few months, grantees have been sharing ideas, perspectives, and experiences in Circles. Circles are small sessions that grow into themes and topics for larger field-wide Explorations.