Arts Midwest seeks an office manager who thrives on problem-solving, organizing, and collaborating with teams. The ideal candidate for this role knows how to lead change, can roll with the unexpected, and brings creative energy and a spirit of fun to their work. This position is perfect for someone with experience and interest in human resources, technology, and workplace culture. We’re looking for someone who is ready to share what they know and grow along with our organization.
Download Job Description
We are committed to maintaining a workforce that is diverse across many lines of difference. We strongly encourage people of color, indigenous people, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply for this position.
Email resume, letter of interest, and three professional references to [email protected] by August 9, 2021.
The purpose of the Office Manager role is to maintain a welcoming, productive, and healthy workplace for Arts Midwest. This position provides essential administrative services to the organization and is a key member of the Operations Team.
|Work Location||Primarily on-site (Minneapolis office)|
|Reports to||Operations Director|
|Starting Salary||$43,000-47,000 annually plus generous benefits, including health insurance, dental, retirement, and paid time off, including paid family leave.|
Office Maintenance (30%)
- Assesses needs for employee workstations and develops office layout plan.
- Schedules regular and as-needed property maintenance.
- Manages storage and archives; conducts bi-annual deep cleaning days.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors, including property managers, realtors, and suppliers.
- Provides general administration support to the organization, including ordering and organizing office supplies, record-keeping, and mailing.
- Routes incoming mail, packages, and deliveries.
- Answers primary office phone, routing calls as needed.
Human Resources Support (30%)
- Maintains employee data in Paylocity HR Information System.
- Manages employee benefits administration for health insurance, life insurance, dental, short and long-term disability, long term care, 403(b), Art Fund, and other miscellaneous benefits.
- Assists with state business registrations, unemployment insurance, and other compliance needs.
- Assists with onboarding, offboarding, and hiring processes.
Hospitality + Meeting Support (20%)
- Greets visitors and guests.
- Manages staff meeting calendar and assists with agendas.
- Assists with planning staff events (retreats, social hours, etc.) and meetings. Assists with supplies, catering, and other hospitality services.
Organizational Learning (20%)
- Develops plan for in-house professional development.
- Manages organizational documentation system (Spek-it) and leads documentation of operational procedures.
- As member of Operations Team, contributes to overall goal-setting and team collaboration.
- Brings creativity, humor, empathy, and a spirit of collaboration to all projects.
- Shares leadership and followership roles with members of team.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience
- Minimum of 3-4 years related administrative experience (including benefits administration, HR Information Systems, etc.).
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, insurance brokers, vendors, property managers, etc.
- Exceptional planning and project management skills.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work within creative constraints.
- Ability to effectively organize time, anticipate, plan and manage multiple priorities with deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate as a part of a team.
- Ability to conduct research, organize information, analyze results, and make recommendations.
- Ability to maintain highest confidentiality when dealing with sensitive or private information.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to big picture.
- Adaptability: willingness to embrace change, test new ideas, and learn new ways of working.
- Collaboration: eagerness to share resources and work with others toward organizational goals.
- Fluency with technology and commitment to ongoing learning.
- Ability to understand and embrace our values and mission, in particular how they reflect our commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
This position is on-site, meaning that work generally takes place in the office. In instances of inclement weather or required quarantine, this position may work remotely.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Physical effort is light, with lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently. Work includes making presentations in front of groups. Occasionally, there is pressure associated with project or activity deadlines. Work will require extended use of a computer keyboard and monitor. Work is performed in a fast-paced environment, where interruptions are frequent.