Arts Midwest seeks an IT manager who is passionate about implementing systems and tools that increase operational efficiency. The ideal candidate understands that success in the role depends on their creativity, empathy, and ability to bring others along as the organization grows.
Download Job Description
We are committed to maintaining a workforce that is diverse across many lines of difference. We strongly encourage people of color, indigenous people, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply for this position.
Email resume, letter of interest, and three professional references to [email protected] by August 9, 2021.
The purpose of the IT Manager role is to support the organization’s growth and learning through its systems architecture. This position is an integral partner to every team at Arts Midwest and works to identify and implement creative technology solutions that help us adapt and thrive in a changing landscape.
|Work Location||This can be a fully remote position if desired, and we welcome applicants from our nine-state region (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH) and the Native nations that share this geography.|
|Reports to||Operations Director|
|Starting Salary||$68-72,000 annually plus generous benefits, including health insurance, dental, retirement, and paid time off, including paid family leave.|
Systems Architecture + Integration (40%)
- Develops and implements short-and long-term technology plans for Arts Midwest that support organizational growth and drive toward our strategic vision.
- Provides technical and troubleshooting support for systems and hardware.
- Develops and implements systems integration plan.
Resource Management (40 %)
- Gathers program requirements and identifies technical tools or resources needed.
- Develops annual and long-term departmental budget. Assists in capital planning. Reconciles actual expenses against budget on monthly basis.
- Manages system administration for Microsoft Office 365, CRM (Salesforce), and all other systems, applications, and platforms.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors and contractors, including our Managed Service Provider.
- Maintains procurement policy and schedule for equipment, including computers, printers, phones, etc.
- Maintains domain registrations, hosting, and other online/Software as a Service (SaaS) accounts.
- Manages software licenses.
- Assesses security risks, recommends and implements policies, procedures, and tools to improve organization’s overall data security.
Organizational Learning (20%)
- Analyzes learning needs of staff and constituents and delivers resources and training necessary for fluency in our systems and technology.
- Develops and implements technology onboarding plan for new hires and separation plans for departing employees.
- Uses organizational documentation system (Spekit) to share help documentation on Arts Midwest’s systems and platforms with staff.
- As member of Operations Team, contributes to overall goal-setting and team collaboration.
- Brings creativity, humor, empathy, and a spirit of collaboration to all projects.
- Shares leadership and followership roles with members of team.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, applications, systems, and network engineering.
- Experience and fluency with CRM systems (Salesforce or similar) and integrations across systems.
- Knowledge of best practices around data security and ability to assess security risks and identify ways to improve data security.
- Project management skills and experience with project management systems, such as Asana.
- Understanding of and commitment to prioritize accessibility in systems, applications, and platforms.
- Coaching skills and knowledge of adult education principles. Ability to train and teach individuals of varied skillsets and comfort with technology.
- Ability to effectively organize time, anticipate, plan, and manage multiple priorities with deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborate as a part of a team.
- Interpersonal communication and organizational communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze results, and synthesize recommendations.
- Ability to maintain highest confidentiality when dealing with sensitive or private information.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and to big picture.
- Adaptability: willingness to embrace change, test new ideas, and learn new ways of working.
- Collaboration: eagerness to share resources and work with others toward organizational goals.
- Ability to understand and embrace our values and mission, in particular how they reflect our commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
Work may take place in the Minneapolis office or remotely. Occasional travel may be required. When working remotely, employees must have availability for meetings during Arts Midwest’s business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST).
Physical and Mental Requirements
Physical effort is light, with lifting or carrying limited to 25 pounds intermittently. Work includes making presentations in front of groups. Occasionally, there is pressure associated with project or activity deadlines. Work will require extended use of a computer keyboard and monitor. Work is performed in a fast-paced environment, where interruptions are frequent.