Arts Midwest is seeking a Digital Media Producer who brings creativity and energy into design, storytelling, and communications projects. We’re looking for someone who can produce fantastic creative, is driven to see a project through to the end, and values collaboration across internal and external partners. They’ll be joining a highly engaged team looking to update our brand and test new ways of sharing stories and showing up. The position is responsible for producing content for our digital channels, creating graphics for print and digital publications, and executing our digital media and social media strategy.
We are committed to maintaining a workforce that is diverse across many lines of difference. We strongly encourage people of color, indigenous people, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply for this position.
Please provide a letter of interest, resume, and names and contact information of 3 professional references. Your letter will be reviewed for content, writing style, and grammatical clarity. Please also provide a portfolio PDF containing 8-10 examples that demonstrate skill sets in graphic design, content creation, and social media. Samples can include both personal and professional projects. Include a brief statement with each sample that indicates your role on that project. Email these materials to [email protected] by December 1, 2019.
The Digital Media Producer works across organizational teams to create content and assets for Arts Midwest’s print and digital channels. This position is an important part of Arts Midwest’s Communications and Development Team and will be actively involved in helping craft Arts Midwest’s brand.
|Department||Communications and Development|
|Revision Date||November 2019|
|Salary Range|| $43-48,000 annually, plus generous benefits: health, dental, life, retirement, |
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Produces content for Arts Midwest’s digital channels about our programs and services (25%)
● Writes and posts engaging, social media-friendly, and story-driven content
● Captures, edits, and shares compelling photos, video, and audio
● Helps craft the organization’s Youtube channel
Produces graphics for Arts Midwest’s digital (and print) publications (50%)
● Wireframes and designs page and document layouts
● Oversees print publications including gathering information, designing layouts, managing internal review and approval, preparing final layout, and managing print vendor relationship(s)
● Creates wayfinding and environmental graphics and manages print production
● Works across teams to create graphics and presentations for talks and live events
● Designs emails templates and imagery with strong calls-to-action
● Creates clear and insightful information graphics or data visualizations
● Helps create assets for online seminars, workshops, and classes
Executes Arts Midwest’s digital media and social media strategy (25%)
● Manages and monitors social media channels and Artsmidwest.org
● Identifies and engages in online communities and discussions
● Schedules timely and compelling content
● Drives follows, likes, clicks, comments, and shares
● Manages social media channels during high-visibility events
● Reports key insights and findings to the Communications and Development Team
Additionally, this role:
● Attends training to maintain professional competence and stays abreast of trends and innovations as well as intercultural competence
● Staffs the annual Arts Midwest Conference and Arts Midwest events
● Works collaboratively with programs and teams—communicating courteously and professionally and maintaining working relationships with others in carrying out job functions
● Represents the organization nationally, regionally, and locally, in the community, with funders and stakeholders, as applicable
● Communicates with others relating to work assignments and progress of work or to convey information about conditions or work related needs
● Plans, organizes, and coordinates meetings, including vetting and inviting attendees, drafting documentation and agendas, and staffing meetings
The job requires three to five years of professional experience and a portfolio that demonstrates skill sets in graphic design, content creation, project management, and social media. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaboration. A commitment to the arts is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance
● Audio/video production and editing
● Adobe Creative Suite
● Web, email, and social analytics
● HTML and CSS (familiarity with other programming languages is a plus)
● Photography for live events, live performances (studio photography a plus)
● Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
● Project management experience
● Knowledge of the arts
● Familiarity with rural communities
● Basic copy editing skills
● Content management systems such as Drupal and Wordpress
● Ability to make decisions and act within established policies and procedures.
● Ability to negotiate contracts and terms of agreements and manage external vendor relationships.
● Attention to detail.
● Ability to work independently, and as a part of a team.
● Knowledge of and ability to operate standard office hardware and software including relational databases (such as Salesforce) and web-based software programs.
● Interpersonal skills sufficient to champion ideas and influence and motivate key stakeholders, present
information effectively, receive work direction, and connect easily with others.
● Willingness to learn and help with other aspects of the organization
Physical and Mental Requirements
There is pressure associated with project or activity deadlines. Work will require extended use of a computer keyboard and monitor. Work is performed in a fast-paced environment, where interruptions are frequent.
Most work is performed in an office environment. Occasional travel and flexible hours, including during evenings and weekends, are required.
Scope of Impact
The duties and responsibilities of this job are performed with latitude for independent judgment based on detailed knowledge of department policies, budget, procedure, and goals. Duties are performed in accordance with department and organizational policies; federal, state and local regulations; and funder restrictions. The Digital Media Producer works with the supervisor to discuss and receive direction on assignments, priorities, and overall work performance.
Some requirements in this job description may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required. To perform this job successfully, the worker must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. The department head and senior management retain the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.