Arts Midwest presents and sponsors performances and exhibitions seen by more than half a million people annually throughout the Midwest and around the world.
Current Programs & Activities
- Multi-year special programs like ArtsLab, focused on leadership and strategy development for smaller Minnesota arts organizations, and Arts Learning Xchange, aimed at strengthening arts engagement and participation for Twin Cities arts organizations.
- The Arts Midwest Conference, bringing together performing artists, artist managers/agents, performing arts presenters, and service organizations engaged in connecting the performing arts to audiences across the Central United States.
- Arts Midwest Touring Fund, supporting the inter-state touring of professional performing artists to communities throughout Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Arts Midwest World Fest, presenting international musical ensembles in intensive week-long residencies in smaller Midwest communities.
- Building Public Will for Arts + Culture is a national communications and engagement effort focused on making arts, culture, and creative expression a more recognized, valued, and expected part of everyday life.
- Caravanserai: A place where cultures meet, creating new pathways for Americans to experience the diverse artistic expressions and cultures of Muslim societies through performing and media-arts residencies.
- Funded by the U.S. Embassy-Beijing, the Native American / China Exchange features distinguished Native American artists conducting workshops and performances across China.
- NEA national initiatives, collaborative programs with the National Endowment for the Arts that bring high-quality arts activities to communities nationwide.