Arts Midwest presents and sponsors performances and exhibitions seen by more than half a million people annually throughout the Midwest and around the world.
Current Programs & Activities
- Arts Midwest Touring Fund, supporting the inter-state touring of professional performing artists to communities throughout Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Arts Midwest World Fest, presenting international musical ensembles in intensive week-long residencies in smaller Midwest communities.
- Caravanserai: A place where cultures meet, creating new pathways for Americans to experience the diverse artistic expressions and cultures of Muslim societies through performing and media-arts residencies.
- The Arts Midwest Conference, bringing together performing artists, artist managers/agents, performing arts presenters, and service organizations engaged in connecting the performing arts to audiences across the Central United States.
- Multi-year special programs like ArtsLab, focused on leadership and strategy development for smaller Minnesota arts organizations, and Arts Learning Xchange, aimed at strengthening arts engagement and participation for Twin Cities arts organizations.
- NEA national initiatives, collaborative programs with the National Endowment for the Arts that bring high-quality arts activities to communities nationwide.